Here is another photo to tell you a little more about myself!
First, this was taken on my phone in between sessions on Sunday. It was hot out...super hot. I just needed a place to sit and cool off. I tend to book my schedule back to back, so having a free moment is rare, but often very needed
So what can you learn about me from this photo?
1. ipad. I'm almost always plugged in. Whether its by smartphone or ipad. It took me a while to get into the smartphone craze, but I realized my need when I missed a photography appointment last winter. I'd never forgotten about an appointment before, and haven't since! That was the shove I needed to get the smartphone when my client was attempting to contact me through facebook.
2. Coffee. I'm a big coffee drinker. Rarely is it ever Scooters (this just happened to be the closest place in between sessions) but my coffee of choice is Starbucks. I worked as a Barista at Starbucks through law school and I'm hooked. Starbucks was also probably one of my favorite jobs ever....and I've worked a lot of different jobs in my 26 years.
3. Reading. I love to read, but only read fantasy, classics or business/financial books. I've read all the Jane Austen books, most of Suze Orman books, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and just about any 5th grade reading level fantasy book that comes across my mother's desk at school with her stamp of approval. That being said, I prefer hard copy books, not electronic books. This was an unusual circumstance. I'll admit I love the convenience of checking books out from the library via an ipad.
4. ipad cover. You may not be able to tell, but its a TOMS flag cover. I love Toms because they are so super comfy and for a good cause (also shown in photo are my feet with my very worn brown toms). Almost every client will see me wearing Toms to my session, as I love photographing in something that lets me move around a lot. Back to the cover, I revamped my old cover my sewing a toms flag over it since it was falling apart. Yet another example of my love of crafts!
5. Small fossil purse. I absolutely love fossil, since the 7th grade you won't see me without a fossil watch on (even shown in photo). This purse cracks me up because I've attempted the daring task of learning to live out of a small purse. I was known for carrying anything from a cardigan, to a can of pop, a spare point-and-shoot camera and all of the above in my purse without realizing it. There were many times where my husband would see me pull out a bag of cheez-its or a can of pop while we were out, and I hadn't even realized I'd been carrying food around for 3 days. I was the infamous "soccer mom" without the soccer or mom :)
Hope you enjoyed learning a little more about your photographer!